Information concerning the Collection, Processing and Retention of Personal Data - Applicant for Employment
This document describes the processing of your personal information done by
Zurich Danmark, filial af Zurich Insurance plc, Irland, org.no.: 31184606
1265 Copenhagen K
DENMARK (further called ”Zurich”)
Zurich cares about protecting your personal integrity and privacy, and we want you to feel confident and secure with how we process data about you. We also want you to know why we are doing so, and what rights you have in connection with the processing.
An item of personal data is any information that can directly or indirectly identify you.
What information we process about you and why
We process information about you so that we will be able to accommodate our legitimate interests. The legitimate interests consist of that we need to process your details in order to be able to determine whether you can and should be offered employment with us. However we will not process your information if it is found, after a balancing of interests, that your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms carry more weight.
For these reasons, it may occur that we collect and process:
- your contact details, for example your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number,
- information about you personally, such as your civil registration number, your qualifications, photographs of you, your actions and behaviour, your family situation and your wishes for the future,
- other information relevance concerning the issue of employment, for instance information about and from your references.
Zurich has legal obligations that impose requirements or an obligation on us that process certain information about you. For example, we are obligated to carry out verifications in order to prevent business relationships with companies who are subject to sanctions. In connection with this, it may occur that we the receive information that may indicate criminal activities, such as a suspicion of crime, ongoing criminal investigations, court rulings or verdicts that have been pronounced.
How and from whom we collect personal information about you
Some of the information, you provide directly to us. This occurs for instance when you talk to us by telephone or when you send us letters, documents, e-mail messages, or submit information via a web form.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you can choose to decline. If you choose not to provide such information that is necessary for Zurich’s handling of your application, there is a risk that Zurich will not be able to assess whether you can and should be offered employment with us.
We can also obtain information about you from someone else. When we have received information about you from someone else, we’ll let you know what information we have received, who provided it, and why we collected this information.
Recipients who may obtain personal data about you
We will share information about you when it is necessary in order to:
- comply with applicable legislation or an order from a public authority,
- protect the rights of Zurich and/or our customers. This may occur for instance in legal proceedings, including but not limited to proceedings before courts, arbitration boards, other reviewing authority or investigative body, the Police and other law enforcement agencies
- manage and maintain the security of our systems.
Storage and retention
How long we retain your information depends upon what the data needs to be used for. For example, we retain information about applicants for employment for a limited period of time after the recruitment process has concluded. The duration of the retention period may also be affected by requirements in legislation and collective bargaining agreements.
If you would like us to retain the information we collect and process in connection with application longer than the ordinary retention period, you will need to provide a written consent for continued retention. To revoke your consent, please notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your right to withdraw a consent
If we process your information based on that you consented, you will always be entitled to revoke your consent if you so desire. Zurich will then cease the processing.
To revoke your consent, please notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to:
- inquire to find out how personal data concerning you is processed by Zurich
- obtain an extract showing what personal data is being processed about you (registry extract)
- have inaccurate or erroneous information corrected or deleted in relevant situations
- request that our processing of information about you be restricted
- object to our processing or retaining information about you
- request that certain data you yourself have provided to us be sent to you or transferred to another party (data portability).
For further information about these rights or to assert any of them, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.